Attn: Privacy Officer
96 East Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
Our Legal Basis for Collecting, Storing and Processing your Personal Data
To provide the CORE services, we collect, store and process the personal data you provide. In certain cases, we may store and process your personal data to comply with CORE’s legal obligations for record keeping and other compliance with laws or regulatory compliance. The personal data we hold about you is processed by us on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing the CORE services.
Information CORE CollectsCORE collects personal data provided by you, if you choose to provide the data, such as:
- Basic account information: name, birth date, gender, email address
- Use of the CORE service is limited to users that are sixteen (16) years of age and older.
- By using the site and providing your personal data you represent that you are sixteen (16) years of age or older. CORE does not collect information from children under 16 years of age.
- Profile information: preferred sports, preferred unit of measure, preferred nutrition products.
- Connection information: coach, training partner, or friends.
- Health information: height, weight, sweat rate, actual performance information.
- Events and nutrition plans: planned activities (training and races), nutrition plans as generated by CORE or as modified by you or others on your behalf, planned and actual nutrition, target and actual performance, annotations on plans and performance.
CORE allows you to sign up and log in using your third-party accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Strava, payment processors, etc. If you access CORE services with a third-party account, we will collect information that you have agreed to make available to that third-party. This information is collected by the third-party and is provided to CORE under the third-party’s privacy policies. You can use the privacy settings in your third-party account to control the information that we receive from these sources.CORE also collects information about the way you use the website or applications:
CORE collects information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provides us with technical information when you access or use the CORE services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
CORE Nutrition Planning is not a covered entity or a business associate of any covered entity for the purposes of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). CORE is, therefore, not subject to the rules of HIPAA.
CORE uses “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, to help provide you a better user experience. The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies, including how to disable such technologies. Please be advised that disabling cookies may impact our website features and may inhibit the use of CORE’s services.
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and may include, for instance, cookies that enable you to log into your account.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that you find what you are looking for with ease.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our websites more relevant to your interests.
How Your Personal Data May Be UsedCORE will use your information to provide services:
We may also use your information to accept or credit payments, provide support related to the CORE services, communicate with you, market the CORE services, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.CORE will use your information to enhance its services:
CORE will use your information to analyze and improve our services. We may choose to use couple your data with third-party analytics to help us determine how to improve our services. In this case, your information will be de-identified and/or aggregated prior to sharing with the third-party.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
CORE may de-identify and/or aggregate data you make available in connection with our services to anonymize the information. Examples of such aggregated information could include information regarding nutrition usage, performance, etc. CORE may use, sell, license, and share this information with third-parties for research, business or other purposes to improve its services.CORE may share your information with third-party service providers:
We may share your information with third-parties who provide services such as payment processing, order fulfillment, service promotion or analysis of the service. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your personal information.CORE will share your information when legally required to do so:
When required to comply with the law (e.g. court orders, warrants, or subpoenas), we may disclose your information to the appropriate parties (e.g. law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or counsel for private litigants).
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will store your information for as long as you have an account with CORE Nutrition Planning. We may keep records of transactions with you for a period of up to seven (7) years to comply with IRS regulations.
Where Do We Store Your Information?
CORE’s services are provided from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and if you choose to use the services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States to provide the services and perform the Terms of Service.
Modifying Our Use of Your Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights related to CORE’s use of your Personal Data:
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to notify CORE that you no longer want us to process or use your personal data. This will terminate your ability to access CORE services.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data stored and processed by CORE and direct CORE to transfer your personal data to another controller via commonly acceptable electronic format.
- Right to erasure/Right to be forgotten: you have the right to request that any of your personal data being stored or processed by CORE is deleted from our records. However, while we can delete your personal data from our current records, copies of your data may be stored in CORE’s inactive and archived records and will be deleted in accordance with CORE’s then-current document management policy. In some cases, your personal data may continue to be stored in archived records of transactions or activities where CORE is required by law to retain such records.
- Right to restriction of processing: you may request that CORE restrict the processing of your personal data. In such case, this may affect your ability to use the CORE services.
To exercise any of your rights above, please contact CORE at DPO@fuelthecore.com . If you choose to exercise any of your rights listed above, it may affect your ability to use our website or applications, as the operation and functionalities provided may require the use of your personal data.
Managing Your Information
Updating your account:
You may review and update your account information at any time by visiting https://app.fuelthecore.com/profile/edit.
Adjusting email preferences:
You can adjust your email preferences by visiting www.fuelthecore.com/settings. You may also unsubscribe at any time by selecting unsubscribe at the bottom of any email. Note that administrative emails (e.g. confirming purchases, updates to policies and terms) do not contain an unsubscribe option as these types of email are required to provide the CORE services.
Obtaining a copy of your information:
You may request a copy of your personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a reasonable charge based on administrative costs for processing this request.
Removing your information:
You may delete your account and have your information removed by visiting https://app.fuelthecore.com/profile/edit. Once your account is deleted, your data will also be deleted, and you will no longer have access to any of that data.
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We reserve the right to change, modify or otherwise update this policy at ay time. These changes or updates will be effective immediately. We may provide you notice of such changes when they are material. Notice may be given by posting on the website or applications, by electronic or conventional mail or by any other means by which you obtain notice of the changes or updates.
Policies of Other Websites